Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kathi Girtson

Hi everyone I am writing so you can pray once again. Kathi Goertzen has covered our story from day one. She is one of the kindest and most compassionate people I have ever meant. Last week she told me her brain tumor was back for the third time and today she went public. You can watch her story on the channel 4 news or she is asking for only prayers. When I was in the hospital having the babies Kathi was going through chemo. she was scared for her life and I was scared for my children's lives. What you saw on TV was a deep love and compassion for one another. when I was lonely laying in that hospital bed she would call to see how I was doing. Her voice would make me smile and her up lifting words would get me through another day. She is having a 3 hour surgery today to remove part of the tumor. since the tumor is so close to the brain stem if the take it all she could loose her speech or worse. pray for this tumor to stop growing. you can leave her a message 206-404-5284 she has given out this phone number to listen to all the prayers and kind words you all have to say.

1 comment:

dainsgals said...

The time I got to share weith Kathi at your house with the quints was amazing. Just watched her update on the news. Her surgery was better than expected. Yay for prayers. Amazing that is all Kathi and her family are asking for from friends, family and community. So glad I could meet such a wonderful woman.